Author Spotlight: Didi Lawson

Day two! Showing my love for my fellow writers! Check out her book links below!
Anything but a typical aristocrat, young Baroness Marie-Louise is not afraid to roll up her sleeves and get to work, especially when it comes to saving her ancestral estate. Determined to shake loose the shackles of propriety and gain the warm family life her upbringing denied her, she has vowed to marry a man of lower rank. Blue-bloods need not apply.

But when she is forced to turn to a childhood friend for assistance, the handsome, debonair count may prove a temptation impossible to resist. Marie-Louise soon finds herself caught between the comfort of a middle-class doctor and the passion of a nobleman, with the future of her childhood home at stake.



What inspired me to write HOHENSTEIN:
Growing up in Germany where you can find a castle on every hill, I always dreamed about life in these castles. I could even see one castle up on the hill, peeking above the trees, when I looked out my bedroom window. Stories  involving princesses and knights in shining armor were among my favorites. Coming up with a story about a castle and a young baroness, therefore, came almost naturally.

I took three castles to construct Hohenstein Castle: the castle I saw from my bedroom window (Solitude Castle), an older castle (Lichtenstein) for the draw bridge, courtyard and surrounding areas, and the gate and entry from yet another castle.

Author Bio:
Born and raised in Germany, I always liked to write and tell stories. I even won prizes for my essays, and often had to read them out loud in front of the class, but it wasn’t until many years later that I realized I actually had a talent for writing. After I graduated from business college in Germany, I came to the US to further my education at Brigham Young University where I met my husband. We have three children and ten grandchildren, lived in Utah, North Carolina, Arizona, Germany and now Missouri.
Amazon link:https://www.amazon.com/Hohenstein-Didi-Lawson-ebook/dp/B00TXXJPHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486153569&sr=8-1&keywords=hohenstein+by+didi+lawson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tips for Fighting Discouragement

Spring Break Bookaplaooza book feature

At what point do you call yourself a writer?