February Slumps

February is such a hard month for me. Thankfully it's only twenty-eight days long! Maybe it's because Christmas is over and paid for. Really I think it's because it's cold. I'm solar-powered. Not sure I can live north of the Mason-Dixon line. I'm having a hard time staying motivated. For Valentine's Day, my husband got me a novel-writing aid, Scrivener. I've imported my latest WIP, but I just stare. I've written the whole first draft, but at chapter 20 or so, it lags. How do I fix it? I asked the baby Budda, the all-knowing oracle of cuteness (my 9-month old) and he shook his head at my latest solutions. Now what? Part of the problem is that the said 9-month old is waking every hour, sometimes less at night. My creative brain is fried. How do you keep going under some crazy stress?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tips for Fighting Discouragement

At what point do you call yourself a writer?

Spring Break Bookaplaooza book feature