Know what I've got planned for 2020?

I like to write out goals every January, but by February, I've already forgotten them. Not this year. My family has a giant white board upstairs and we've written goals for our family as well as individuals. Know what I've got planned for 2020?

We made goals in four areas: physical, intellectual, social and spiritual (recognizing that we are dual beings).

For my writing goals, I couldn't decide where to put them and decided on intellectual since I learn so much while I write.

My 2020 goal is to submit three manuscripts to publication.

Why did I chose this?

Well, goals need to be independent of other's choices. Notice I didn't say three pieces accepted, hahah! Because really, that's out of my control. What I can work on is getting them ready to the best of my abilities and send them off to the world.

I'm turning in my first one this week. It's based on an idea from my publisher to write short "beach read" love stories having something to do with ice cream.

Well, when my daughter was almost twelve, we went to Alaska to visit my parents who were visiting some old friends there. (I used to live in AK when I was younger). While we were there, my dad wanted to go fishing in Seward, a small town at the mouth of Resurrection Bay. The scenery was classic Alaska--glacier blue water, stunning mountains jutting from the water, black pebble beaches, frolicking sea otters, majestic eagles, and lazy sea lions. One night, we went to the ice cream shop there and had ice cream. When my publisher issued a call for ice cream stories, I was like, I know exactly where I'm going to set this story. And I've loved it.  So be on the lookout for #1 MS for this year Summer of Sundaes.

PS I also submitted some last year. August Blues finished the first round of edits this month. Should be out this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tips for Fighting Discouragement

Spring Break Bookaplaooza book feature

That time when I was in Paris for New Years Eve…