NaNoWriMo

No, that is not some type-o. It's National Novel Writing Month! That's right! For the next thirty days, I'm going to write a 50,000 word novel. So, I'm writing this to let you know if my facebook status updates, blogposts, emails and housekeeping are lacking, it's because I'm writing. I'll still try to blog about whatever pops into my head. For instance, I've got this great article my hubby forwarded to me that I'm dying to blog about. So stay tuned. Does anybody else do anything crazy like this?

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the 50,000 words in December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, it will be crap. I sing a little song, "This is crap, and more crap!" But I hope it's an interesting enough story to keep me going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did NaNoWriMo two years ago! It was good for me. I think. Enjoy!!! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine--it's like writing a thesis. I start with a skeleton and then fill in the flesh. It's easier now that I know how to plot-ha! ha!

    Alysa--You should try it again sometime. It's about twice as much writing as I normally do these days. Since June or so, my goal has been just 1k words a day. I've been able to keep that most days. But doubling that makes me stay in it that much more. I'm writing a YA romance suspense fantasy. Think Shogun meets Europe. Yes, there are ninjas! Good ninjas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tips for Fighting Discouragement

Spring Break Bookaplaooza book feature

At what point do you call yourself a writer?