For the Criminally Inane

For the Criminally Inane

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Vanity

I'm getting to that age now where I'm starting to be concerned about my looks. Are they fading? Am I as attractive as I was when I first met my hubby? I noticed a few wrinkles next to my eyes (laugh lines, to be sure) and decided to do something about it. I went to Target and bought my first ever age-defying face wash. Before this, I was content with just soap and water. But this new wash was splashed with promises of smaller pores, less wrinkles--younger looking skin! I bought it, hook, line and sinker. So, I tried it out for a few weeks and I started developing pimples. Unbelievable! So much money for face wash and it makes me brake out? I wanted to call the company and complain or at least get my money back that could be better used to upgrade my bulbous TV. I complained to my husband about the lies these companies get away with when he said, "No, honey. They kept their promise. You do have younger looking skin--the skin of a acne-ridden fifteen year old." Oh, vanity, vanity, all is vanity.

2 comments:

  1. Look at the labels: look for statements like "non-comedogenic" which means non-blackhead forming preparation. I use L'Oreal's "Revitalizer" (complete night cream) and "Hydra-Renewal" and a good basic skin soap. It comes in a bar, but I can't remember which brand. You might also use a makeup and preparation that has sunscreen. I've read that even on cloudy days you can get sun exposure that's not good for your skin. I must be doing something right because I have been mistaken for a 45 YO when I'm 63! If you really want a professional opinion, make an appointment with a dermatologist. Mine said soap and water are adequate but it may be that what kind of soap makes a difference. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Lynn, I saw that picture your daughter posted of Facebook. You are a babe! I can totally believe people believe your 20 yrs younger! That has nothing to do with your face wash, hahah! You're just a beauty! But thanks for the advice. I really hate spending money on my vanity. So I appreciate your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete