Music

I think it's amazing that one song can conjure all sorts of memories. Like a few strains of "With or Without You" and I'm immediately transported to my high school days, wearing a frumpy dress in a church gym at a stake dance and I'm dancing with a guy my brothers called Spam Bones.

So, life's been crazy the last few months. We had a house fire and were out of our house for a month. Writing is difficult for me when I'm pregnant under the best of circumstances. But non-existent in a hotel with my kids jumping from bed to bed. I couldn't even read. Life gets in the way.

Read three books in the last three days though:
Shannon Hale's Forest Born
Jeanette Rallison's It's a Mall World After All
Jeanette Rallison's Revenge of the Cheerleaders

I actually talked to JR while I was at the hotel. It seems she's friends with my MIL's friend and sent her phone number along. She was wrapping presents. We talked for about forty-five minutes and had a nice conversation. She's a great lady. I wish her the best and recommend her books to anyone who likes good clean comedy. Nice easy read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tips for Fighting Discouragement

Spring Break Bookaplaooza book feature

At what point do you call yourself a writer?