Third Place from Book Buyer's Best Contest

A sweet romance wins third place

Sweet romances can compete and win! I'm super excited for this honor.  I want to tell you, please keep going with your dreams! Success comes by hard work, persistence, consistency and focus. I'll have to say when I first started writing, one of the authors of the books I read said that if you write for ten thousand hours or one million words you'll get published. That sounds simple, but not easy. YOU CAN DO IT! KEEP GOING!


 Just to add a bit of backstory about why I wrote The Swiss Mishap, I'll tell you how this book came to be. I served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in my twenties in Switzerland and France. I had some life-changing experiences there that changed the way I viewed the world. Here are some interesting things that made it into the book:

My friend and I dragged a recliner up four flights of stairs.

I did talk to people on the bus and ask them questions. Usually the questions were about God and family not pets, though, which is really hard to do.

I did learn to speak French while there and still try to keep it up.

I did live in Vevey for about three months in the winter. Nestlé headquarters was in Vevey and was the inspiration for Alpine Foods. 

I did eat dinner in a small Swiss chalet on the mountains near Monthey. And it was as magical as it was in the book. 

Yves was named after some hot guy I met there. I'm still trying to convince myself to use Loïc as a name of one of my characters but the dots above the 'i' make it really hard to write. (Loïc was the hotty who developed our pictures and boy did I take a bunch of pictures ;)

Living in a foreign country was actually really stressful for me so it helped to keep a sense of humor. I still have more stories to share and I'm working on my next book "The Swiss Mistletoe and Macarons" that should be coming out for next Christmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tips for Fighting Discouragement

Spring Break Bookaplaooza book feature

At what point do you call yourself a writer?