Sweet Romance and Switzerland

Today marks the twentieth anniversary of the day I received my mission call and assignment to serve in Switzerland. I was so excited. I had wanted to go to Switzerland and speak French since I was nine years old. But you don't get to pick where you go, so I felt real blessed. You are probably wondering what living in Switzerland and a sweet romance have to do with each other.

While I was in Switzerland I had many choice experiences. I met so many wonderful faithful people. And I had some crazy adventures that come with living in a foreign country. It was hard to leave my friends, family and everything familiar to me, to live in a country with differing cultures, language and customs. But I learned and grew a lot and I learned to love the people, not just a country.

From this love sprang this novel about Lainey Peterson who overcomes adversity and fear, perseveres through some tough situations and also manages to fall in love with a great guy. But Lainey wants to get into the Chocolate department, and she doesn't have time for a distraction or a forbidden romance.

Yves Claremont is ambitious and hardworking. He wants to honor his late father by becoming a Vice president at Alpine Foods. However, once he hires Lainey in his Pet Care department, he starts to admire her. But inner-office relationships are forbidden. So he must not allow himself to have feelings for her.


When a co-worker, jealous of Yves' success, tries to sabotage his career, he tries to take down both Lainey and Yves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tips for Fighting Discouragement

Spring Break Bookaplaooza book feature

At what point do you call yourself a writer?