Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Top Ten Ways to Boost Your Creativity
It's the middle of the book. You have a smashing beginning. You have a dynamic and surprising ending. But somehow you got lost in the muddle in the middle. Here are ten ways to boost your creativity.
10. Watch a movie in your genre. Movies can inspire you with twists and turns, characters. Even awful movies can inspire you to do something better.
9. Read a book. When the creative juices in your brain start to flow under the hand of another writers work, you'll start to image things for your book too.
8. Go back and reread the passages that excited you, the ones which inspired you to write it in the first place.
7. Go to a museum, a park, a restaurant and just observe people. Why do they do what they do?
6. Play with children. Kids are uninhibited in their play and ideas.
5. Exercise. I wrote many characters while I was walking. Moving the body moves the brain.
4. Draw. Drawing helps release the right side of the brain.
3. Listen to music. I've found character motivations, their life logo all inside a simple song.
2. Free write emotions. One of the best exercises I read was where I just wrote what I felt. Pure. Raw. Emotion.
1. Listen to other writers talk about their work. On line, in person. Creativity is contagious.
Writing requires talent. Writing requires skill. If you don't have much talent, you can develop your skill. There is however a third c...
Pinterest is a great social media tool for introverts. It's less social than many other platforms. What I love about Pinterest: A...
I asked my most ardent fans (my daughter and my husband) what I should write about on my blog and my daughter said I should write about enco...
Top Ten LDS Authors You Need to Read Small press! LDS! These girls are rocking it! Click their name to view their website. 1. Deb Gra...